Standing in the paint store with hundreds of choices staring you down can be overwhelming… And knowing that a color can look a certain way on the chip and then magically morph into something from the other side of the rainbow once it’s on your wall is enough to make you want to throw up your hands and forget the whole thing! We are often asked about recommending paint colors and what we use in our projects, so we decided to put together a short list of fool-proof neutrals that can be used anywhere! Here are our top 5 Benjamin Moore picks (P.S: Read to the end of this blog and learn how to enter to win $250 towards your own paint project!):
5. Revere Pewter HC-172: This one is part of the Historical Collection and it’s easy to see why it is a popular favorite. Revere Pewter is a classic greige with warm under tones, which makes it a versatile choice.
4. Nimbus 1465: This color is a stunner and it’s no surprise that we get asked about it quite a bit. This light gray with warm undertones coordinates well with a nice bright white trim and works as part of the palette in any space.
3. Quiet Moments 1563: This really pretty soft blue green is truly a show stopper! The sea foam vibes make it the perfect color choice to create a relaxing retreat in your bedroom or bathroom, as shown below.
2. Stonington Gray HC-170: This popular cool toned silver-gray is a great choice if you want to stay away from brown undertones. This color looks gorgeous paired with rich dark hardwood floors!
1. Wedgewood Gray HC-146: Paul’s favorite pick, this stylish blue gray with hints of green undertones reminds me of a much darker version of the Quiet Moments, and it provides a strong pop of color. The soothing tones are perfect in any laid back space.
Want to see all these colors sampled side by side? Head over and watch our video where Paul and I discuss which one out of all these paints we love the most. And thank you to Colorworks of Burlington, MA for letting us take over their showroom!
THE GIVEAWAY: Ready to transform a room in your own house? We are giving away a $250 gift card to Colorworks to help you get started.
TO ENTER: comment on our Facebook post to tell us which color is your favorite (one entry per person). Want a second shot? LIKE our page for a second entry (if you already like our page and you comment, you will receive 2 entries). All entries must be posted by Thursday, August 9th @ 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be announced on FaceBook Live on Friday, August 10th @ 12:30 pm.